Professor, Chair of Telecommunications Theory
- PhD Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1996.
- MS Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, 1992.
- Electrical Engineer, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, 1990.
- BS Mathematics, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, 1990.
- 2005-present: Professor of Engineering, Universidad ORT Uruguay.
- 2001-2005 : Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering, UCLA.
- 1997-2001 : Assistant Professor of Electrical Engineering, UCLA.
- 1996-1997 : Postdoctoral Associate, Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems , M.I.T.
Honors and Awards
- 2017: Academic, Latin American Academy of Sciences
- 2014: Fellow, IEEE.
- 2011: Member, Uruguayan National Academy of Sciences.
- 2011: Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Control Systems Society.
- 2010: Scopus Prize Uruguay, awarded by Elsevier Publishers.
- 2009: Level III Researcher, Uruguayan National Research System (SNI).
- 2005: Senior Member, IEEE.
- 2004: George S. Axelby Award , IEEE Control Systems Society, for outstanding paper in the IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control.
- 2001: TRW Excellence in Teaching Award, UCLA School of Engineering.
- 1999: Packard Fellowship, David and Lucille Packard Foundation.
- 1999: CAREER Award, National Science Foundation.
- 1996: Clauser Prize for overall outstanding PhD Thesis at Caltech.
- 1996: Wilts Prize for outstanding PhD Thesis in Electrical Engineering at Caltech.
- 1995: O. Hugo Schuck Best Paper Award, American Automatic Control Council.
- 2014-present: Area Editor at Large, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering
- 2011-2014: Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control
- 2008-present: Honorary Committee, Uruguayan National Research System (SNI).
- 2004-2010: Associate Editor, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking.
- Smart Grids and electric markets.
- Dynamics of content sharing networks and cloud systems.
- Control and optimization in wireless networks.
- Pricing, economics and games in networks.
- Cross-layer (transport-routing-admission) control in the Internet.
- Distributed control.
- Robust control.
Recent Papers (download pdf)
- A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Fluid models of population and download progress in P2P networks". IEEE Trans. on Control of Network Systems, accepted for publication, 2015.
- A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Queueing analysis of peer-to-peer swarms: stationary distributions and their scaling limits". Performance Evaluation, Vol 93 (2015), pp. 47-62.
- F. Bliman, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Managing load deferability to provide power regulation". IEEE ISGT-LA, Montevideo, Uruguay, Oct. 2015.
- E. Briglia, S. Alaggia, F. Paganini. " Economic Operation of Distribution Networks with Distributed Generation and Quality of Service". IEEE ISGT-LA, Montevideo, Uruguay, Oct. 2015.
- A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Queueing analysis of service deferrals for load management in power systems". 53rd. Annual Allerton Conference, Monticello, IL, Oct. 2015.
- F. Bliman, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Controlling aggregates of deferrable loads for power system regulation". American Control Conference (ACC 2015), Chicago, IL, July 2015.
- M. Zubeldía, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Neighbor selection for proportional fairness in P2P networks". Computer Networks 83 (2015), 249-264.
- F. Paganini, M. Zubeldía, A. Ferragut. "Trading Off Efficiency and Reciprocity in Wireless Peer-To-Peer File Sharing". 13th. WiOpt'15, Mumbai, India, May 2015.
- F. Paganini, A. Ferragut. "Monotonicity and global stability in download dynamics of content-sharing networks", 53rd. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Los Angeles, CA, Dec. 2014.
- A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Network resource allocation for users with multiple connections: fairness and stability", IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, Vol. 22(2), pp. 349-362, Apr. 2014.
- F. Paganini, P. Belzarena, P. Monzón "Decision making in forward power markets with supply and demand uncertainty", Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton, NJ, Mar 2014.
- F. Paganini, A. Ferragut, M. Zubeldía. "Dynamics of heterogeneous peer-to-peer networks", 52nd. IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Firenze, Italy, Dec. 2013.
- M. Zubeldía, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Overcoming Performance Pitfalls in Rate-Diverse High Speed WLANs", Computer Networks, Vol. 57(17), pp. 3673-3685, 2013.
- M. Zubeldía, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Proportional fairness in heterogeneous peer-to-peer networks through reciprocity and Gibbs sampling", 51st. Allerton Conference, Monticello, IL, Oct. 2013.
- M. Zubeldía, A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Averting Speed Inefficiency in Rate-Diverse WiFi Networks through Queueing and Aggregation", Proc. IEEE Globecom, Anaheim, CA, USA, Dec 2012.
- A. Ferragut, F. Paganini. "Content Dynamics in P2P Networks from Queueing and Fluid Perspectives", Proc. International Teletraffic Congress, Krakow, Poland, Sept 2012
- F. Paganini, A.Tang., A. Ferragut, L. Andrew. "Network Stability under Alpha Fair Bandwidth Allocation with General File Size Distribution", IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol 57, Issue 3, pp. 579-591, March 2012.
- F. Paganini, A. Ferragut. "PDE models for population and residual work applied to peer-to-peer networks", Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton, NJ, USA, March 2012.